So many of you are wondering about day time makeup applications. For my blog today I am going to give you a step-by-step process.
We all want to look our best for when we are leaving the house. Some people have asked me why others wear makeup and what is the point. To answer this question daytime makeup is often applied is to highlight ones natural features, conceal flaws and blemishes, and give a fresh and awake appearance.
When applying daytime makeup, you want to ensure that it is not caked on and too thick.
1. Wash your face. For the health of your skin and the sake of longer lasting makeup, start each morning by washing your face.
2. Moisturize your skin. To give your makeup a soft, smooth surface over which to be applied, make sure your face is moisturized.
3. Put on a thin base of primer. To apply primer, put a small amount onto your index finger and gently rub a thin layer all over your face.
4. Apply a foundation. Make sure that you use a foundation that matches your skin tone. If you are having a hard time figuring it out, you can contact me directly and I could assist you with that. Or visit your nearest Cosmetic Line and they would be happy to help. (I can meet you anywhere in the Lower Mainland for a small fee.)
5. Apply a concealer. Your concealer selection should be the same as the way you select your foundation. You can also use your concealer for highlighting areas around your face. Apply small amounts of concealer under your eyes and on all blemishes, and then use your fingers to delicately blend it in.
6. Finish with powder. Using a translusent powder sets the foundation and concealer. (This is optional. I would recommend you do this eveytime you put makeup on)
7. Add a pinch of blush. With a brush, apply a small dab of blush along your cheek bones, then use the brush to blend the blush into your skin.
For fair skin: Try light pink, peach, or plum shade .
for medium skin: Go for mauve, apricot, or berry.
If you have olive skin: Give rose, bronze, or an orangey-peach a try.
If you have dark skin: Try raisin, brick, or tangerine.
8. Add some color to your lips. After applying, use your finger to blend the lipstick. When choosing a lipstick color to wear during the day pick something that’s a similar shade to your natural lip color, but with an extra bit of color and brightness. When in doubt, you can always opt for a soft pink shade.
So there you have it. Simple Subtle Daytime Makeup.
If you would like more tips and tricks, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org I will do my best to get to your inquiry as quickly as possible.